Monday 12 October 2009

to my favorite liar, to my favorite scar: "i could have died with you"

For the past four years, there have been a couple of bands and artists that I have never ceased to listen to enjoy, that I could always (and often) put on and adore. One of those bands was Fall Out Boy.
And I don't care that they're uncool and too mainstream, I love them.
Fall Out Boy soundtracked my teenage angst, but also ever romance, and even my first kiss. I shit you not, straight after my first kiss I actually went home and listened to Take This To Your Grave and felt GREAT.

Mostly though, and quite importantly, they also played an active part in every imagining I had, when I needed a better reality to escape to in my head. As cheesy as it is, when I was fourteen, I used to pretend me and Pete Wentz were married and we were in this cool clique with Patrick Stump. And yes I know it's cringey. But I think I did this because the lyrics just got me, honestly, lyrically they're up their with the greats. And when I listened, and listen, to Fall Out Boy I didn't feel so alone, and I feel like some bassist, born and raised on the other side of the world, just totally gets how I am feeling a lot.

Basically, finding out that Believer's Never Die is the last Fall Out Boy album, at least for a long, long while, has cut me up real bad.

love u pweezy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment